Internal Job Posting
In accordance with our Human Resources Recruitment Policies we wish to invite internal applications from members of staff to fill the following TUNAJALI Program positions that will be valid until August 31, 2011.
1. Senior Technical Officer (M&E) – TUNAJALI C&T, based in Dar es Salaam
The incumbent will provide guidance, coordination and oversight to the TUNAJALI M&E Unit. He/she will also work closely with the Deputy Director – Field Operations to the provision of key documentation required by USAID. Such will include, but not limited to, annual progress reports, annual work plans etc.
• Coordinate the implementation of the project’s technical strategy for PMTCT, Laboratory Services, Capacity Building and M&E, the mobilization and proper alignment of technical resources, and the achievement of program results as established in the Performance Monitoring Plan.
• Supervise the formulation and approval of annual work plans and coordinate work plan modifications as required, for the four program areas/units (PMTCT, Laboratory Services, Capacity Building and Monitoring & Evaluation).
• Monitor timely achievement of program objectives in annual work plans, identify obstacles, and mobilize the Senior Management Team to address program challenges.
• Coordinate the documentation of project initiatives and results, and analyze experiences through quarterly, annual reports, abstracts etc.
• Lead interactions among the four program areas and ensure the synchronization of related program strategies so that activities are implemented in an integrated fashion.
• Work with other STOs to identify areas where technical assistance from sources outside of TUNAJALI Program are needed to support the three technical areas and facilitate FHI technical advise and support; oversees development of Scopes of Work, facilitate the hiring of consultants and supervision of assignments.
• BS/BA in public health or related field, and 7 - 9 years relevant experience with international development programs; Or MS/MA in public health or related field, and 5 - 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
• Experience in program monitoring and evaluation
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, and/or social science research.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant language skills.
• Relevant computer software skills.
• Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, may structure work of staff members.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team.
2. Technical Officer (M&E)– TUNAJALI C&T, based in Dar es Salaam
The incumbent will work as a key member of the M&E Technical team, of which under the leadership of the Senior Technical Officer he/she will lead TUNAJALI’s support for implementation of the national PMTCT monitoring system. The incumbent will also oversee the provision of technical assistance and capacity building provided to program sub grantees, working in close collaboration with regional ATO’s- M&E.
• Provide leadership for TUNAJALI’s support for implementation of the national PMTCT monitoring system by overseeing technical assistance and capacity building provided to program sub grantees in data management and reporting.
• Oversee provision of guidance and supervision to TUNAJALI SG data management staff on data processing and report generation.
• Continuously reviewing and maintaining TUNAJALI’s PMTCT data collection and management system;
• Work closely with TUNAJALI M&E team to review data collection and management system, provide advice and assistance in improving the system as needed; streamline the process from data collection to the production of reports.
• Coordinate program quarterly data collection and analysis of PMTCT related service statistics and submit quarterly service statistics & progress report to Senior Technical M&E Officer.
• Provide guidance for ensuring the quality of data collected and reported by facilities.
• Lead program efforts to build the capacity of Council Health Management Teams and Regional Health Management Teams to supervise the National PMTCT Monitoring System, including making use of data for planning and decision making.
• Assist periodic development of reports, documentation and presentations by providing data on a need to basis
• Respond to requests for information from stakeholders as needed. Develop and Implement a sustainable electronic data collection and storage system for the various program components
• Assist with compiling Semi-Annual and Annual data progress reports as needed.
• Bachelor of Social Sciences degree in Health Sciences, Demography or related course. A Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV and AIDS interventions.
• Training and experience in developing and maintaining databases;
• Strong computer skills necessary for the information system, data analysis and reporting, including Word, Excel, Outlook, SPSS, etc
• Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
3. Associate Technical Officer (M&E) – TUNAJALI C&T –based in Dodoma.
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing TUNAJALI Monitoring and Evaluation activities in the targeted area within the Region. Under the guidance of the STO M&E and direct supervision of the Regional Program Manager s/he will work to strengthen and support the monitoring and information management capacity of Care and Treatment implementing partners (sub-grantees).
• Implementing the Program performance monitoring plan at regional level.
• Support the implementation of the National Care and Treatment Monitoring System by providing technical assistance and capacity building to sub-grantee (SG) data management staff in recording and storage of data.
• Provide guidance and supervision to TUNAJALI SG data management staff on data processing and report generation; support the flow of reports for the national patient monitoring system.
• Provide guidance to SG for the collection, aggregation, verification and reporting of additional service statistics required for the Tunajali results matrix.
• Provide guidance for checking and verification of data to ensure the quality of data collected and reported by sub-grantees; support the timely submission of reports by sub grantees;
• Provide feedback on data quality issues to all zone/regional stakeholders; build the capacity of sub-grantees in use of data for informed decision making.
• Build the capacity of Council Health Management Teams and Regional Health Management Team to supervise the National Care and Treatment Monitoring System, including making use of data for planning and decision making.
• Review and compile monthly and quarterly reports and submit to Tunajali headquarters according to reporting calendar.
• Work in collaboration with Regional Technical team members to review and provide feedback on quarterly performance in service delivery to sub-grantees.
• Assist periodic development of reports, documentation and presentations by providing data on a need to basis.
• University degree/Advanced Diploma in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Epidemiology/Statistics or a related discipline;
• At least two years professional work experience in program monitoring and/or field based monitoring and evaluation.
• Excellent training skills, particularly on the job training and mentoring
• Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications;
• Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks according to agreed deadlines;
• Good organizational skills, and ability to work well within an organization with a diverse team; able to work independently;
• Some Experience with data management and statistical software, including Xcel, Access and SPSS is desirable.
If you have the qualities and skills outlined above, please submit your application to the Human Resource Unit not later than Saturday, May 21, 2011.